First constructed in 1921, Ye Old Mill has since been a favorite ride for dating couples at the Fair. Located next to the Midway on Grand Avenue, its 1,500-foot-long canal offers riders the chance to relax on a smooth boat ride after a long day at the Fair.
By the early ‘90s, Ye Old Mill was in need of major repairs to both the structure and canals. Repair plans changed to replacement plans after a strong wind leveled the mill in 1996. Thanks to a $100,000 gift from Boatmen’s Bank of Iowa, the ride was rebuilt in time for the Fair that same year. Since its restoration, thousands of visitors have continued to enjoy the historic boat ride.