Our many behind-the-scenes volunteers and their helpful smiles are what keep the Foundation’s Fairtime tasks running smoothly at the Iowa State Fair. Each year, nearly 600 Blue Ribbon Foundation volunteers donate their time and energy by helping sell merchandise and bottled water at the Foundation's many stands. Volunteers spent 5,050 hours volunteering at the 2022 Fair!
By utilizing volunteer workers, merchandise and water sales are more profitable, which allows the Foundation to put more profits toward the Fairground’s renovation projects rather than expenses.
WHAT WE ASK
• Responsibility options include:
o Selling merchandise
o Selling bottled water
o Working the BINGO tent
• All volunteers work 4-hour shifts.
• Share your Iowa State Fair enthusiasm with Fairgoers.
• Answer general questions about the Foundation's many fundraising programs.
WHAT VOLUNTEERS RECEIVE
• One complimentary admission ticket per person for each day they work.
• One complimentary parking pass (per person or per pair working together) for each day they work.
• Official Blue Ribbon Foundation volunteer T-shirt.
• Our gratitude!
• A FUN experience!
Volunteers must be 16 years of age to volunteer individually or 12 years of age to volunteer with a parent or other adult. We ask that volunteers working merchandise sign up for a minimum of two shifts.
SEVERAL WAYS TO SIGN UP
1. Watch this web page – the VolunteerLocal portal link below will be live at 8 am on Thursday, May 25.
2. Instructions and the portal link will be included in the May issue of The Volunteer Buzz eNewsletter that will land in the email inbox of past volunteers and those who’ve indicated an interest in volunteering this year.
3. Email or call Meg if you prefer to avoid signing up online.
SIGN UP STARTING MAY 25
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
CLICK HERE FOR PORTAL USE INSTRUCTIONS
We look forward to another successful Iowa State Fair with our valued Blue Ribbon Foundation volunteers helping make it all work smoothly.
Please contact me with any questions.
Meg Courter, Development Manager
515-262-3111, ext. 370
Stay Up to Date on Volunteer Opportunities: