1. A Cheerful Quilt
This cheerful quilt features many favorite parts of the Fair all in fabric form.
- Measuring 63” x 71”, the intricate details will have you looking this quilt over more than once.
Donated by Danyell Klein
2. Zoom, Zoom, Zoom
Last year, the sold-out crowd at the Ford EcoBoost 400 witnessed one of the most historic moments in sports history. You could be there this year!
- Four grandstand tickets to NASCAR’s championship races at the Homestead – Miami Speedway on November 17-18, 2018. You’ll see the Xfinity and Monster Energy Series Ford EcoBoost 300 and 400.
- Your total racing package also includes four garage passes that are good for the entire weekend. Must be 18 years of age for garage area access. Tickets are non-transferable.
- Before heading to Florida, check out the Knoxville Nationals with a set of two general admission tickets for the races on August 2-4, 2018 in Knoxville, Iowa.
Donated by Housby & the Knoxville Raceway
3. Farm to Fair Table
Have a seat at the table for the inaugural “Farm to Fair Table” event on the Grand Concourse, Sunday, August 12 beginning at noon.
- Four people have the opportunity to eat, learn, engage and discover things about Iowa food grown and raised to sustain the world from the producers themselves – Iowa farmers.
- You’ll be sharing a meal made from recipes using locally-sourced ingredients off the farm on a 500 foot long community table in the middle of the Grand Concourse during the Iowa State Fair!
- This Grizzly cooler is packed full of delicious meat from Brewer Family Farms near Dallas Center.
- You’ll enjoy 6 ribeye steaks, a package of their 6 different case-less beef bratwurst flavors, a package of each of their four beef stick varieties, a package of each of their 2 beef jerky flavors and five pounds of hamburger.
- Add in the other white meat with $60 in pork coupons to purchase a selection of pork products at any grocery store.
- Gate admission for four and a parking pass.
Donated by the Iowa State Fair, Brewer Family Farms LLC, Marshall County Pork Producers & the Blue Ribbon Foundation
4. Star Light, Star Bright
These stars will be the first you’ll see every evening you wear them.
- This matching ring and pendant are created with 18 karat white gold, with .39 cttw of diamonds on each, creating the delightful star-like sparkle you see.
- The ring is a size 6 and the chain for the pendant is a 16” sterling silver .925 cable chain with lobster claw closure.
Donated by Debra Rose Collection
5. Pedal to the Medal
A unique coffee table featuring reclaimed wood and an old pedal car.
- Handcrafted by Zane Hehnke, this creative artist is 19 years old and started “pickin” when he was only 10.
Donated by Inspired Finds
6. Deer Season
Here’s an opportunity to have an out-of-state hunting buddy join you during deer season.
- One out-of-state deer tag good for the 2018-19 hunting season. You select shotgun, bow or muzzle loading. Must be used by January 10, 2019.
- This special deer license consists of one any sex deer license and one antlerless only deer license and tag.
- The game and habitat fee is not included.
Donated by Iowa Department of Natural Resources
7. On the Air
This package has a radio experience for you and one you can gift to a non-profit.
- Sit in with Van and Bonnie on WHO Radio. This is a sit-in only for up to four people so you can watch what goes on in the studio during the show. There will be no on-air conversation. You can visit from 5-9 a.m. or just pick an hour or two to be present.
- Give a gift of advertising on WHO Radio with a $3,000 advertising schedule for a non-profit organization or non-profit event. Expires July 7, 2019.
Donated by 1040 WHO
8. Shinning a Light on Women in Ag
FarmHer is all about shining a light on women in agriculture by sharing stories through photography, media and events.
- Enjoy a photography session with Marji Guyler-Alaniz, the founder of FarmHer at the Iowa State Fair. You’ll have the chance to experience the Fair, interact with Marji and share your agriculture story.
- Gate admission for four, a VIP parking pass and $50 in food coupons are included for your day at the Iowa State Fair.
- A selection of Iowa State Fair and FarmHer merchandise is also included.
Donated by FarmHer & the Blue Ribbon Foundation
9. Explore Iowa
Head for the great outdoors in comfort in this 24’ Class C motorhome for one week.
- 500 miles are included and the use is valid between 7/15/18 to 1/1/19 and subject to availability.
- Casey’s is the place to go. Fill up your tank with a $200 gift card and enjoy fresh pizza with two coupons.
- An Iowa State Fair pillow with a camping theme.
Donated by Ed Garner’s Autorama RV Center, Casey’s General Stores & Karen Brockelsby
10. This Is How We Roll
Roll on in to the Fairgrounds for a concert by Florida Georgia Line.
- Four tickets to see Florida Georgia Line on Sunday, August 19. Your seats are in Section C3, Row 24, Seats 1-4.
- Package includes gate admission for four and one parking pass.
- Backstage passes for four to meet the guys of FGL.*Backstage passes are given final confirmation the day of the show. In the event the artist declines to participate, half of the package purchase price will be refunded.
Donated by the Blue Ribbon Foundation
11. Up, Up and Away
Enjoy a peaceful ride over the central Iowa landscape in a hot air balloon.
- Your ballooning adventure over Warren County is good for 1-3 people. Subject to pilot availability and weather conditions. Must physically be able to climb into the basket. Expires November 15, 2018.
- Make it a get-away with a night’s stay in a king suite at the Country Inn and Suites by Carlson located in Indianola.
Donated by Jim & Rita Fromm & Country Inn & Suites by Carlson
12. A Fresh Baked Pie
A delicious homemade pie created by a prizewinning baker.
Donated by Elysa Koss
13. A Taste of Wine Country
Take off for an adventure in California wine country.
- Enjoy a 3 night stay in a California wine country home. A two bedroom, 2 1/2 bath home in Solvang, CA with exquisite views, a patio with a firepit, community pool and tennis courts. It is located near wineries, restaurants and golf in the Santa Ynez Valley, a short 30 minute drive from Santa Barbara. Valid through April, 2019. No children or pets allowed.
- Discover the great wines of the Santa Ynez valley during a 4-hour private small-group wine tour. The tour includes pickup and drop-off at your lodging as well as a picnic lunch. Wine tastings generally consist of six samples.
- Three beautiful, ready to drink bottles of premium Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon to enjoy at home: a 2005 Tor Beckstoffer (96 pts), 2010 Drinkward, Peschon (93 pts) and a 2011 Peter Michael Les, Parots (92 pts)
Donated by Don Young & Essex Meadows
14. It's A Cyclone Nation
Cheer on the Iowa State Cyclones at three sporting events during the 2018-19 school year.
- Four tickets to the Iowa State vs West Virginia football game on October 13, 2018. Your seats are located in the Jacobson Building Athletic Director’s Suite and include food and beverage plus a VIP parking pass. *Must wear Cyclone colored attire!*
- Four men’s basketball tickets for a Big 12 2018-19 season game of your choice, excluding Kansas.
- Two tickets to two selected ISU women’s 2018-19 basketball games.
- A selection of ISU apparel.
Donated by Iowa State University Athletic Department & Bill & Deb Fennelly
15. A Lobster Boil
The Waterfront Seafood Market in West Des Moines is providing a lobster boil for ten people.
- Feast on 1 3/4 – 2 pound live Maine lobster along with appetizers, choice of two side dishes, wine, beer and great service. Must be used by October 31, 2018.
- Don’t look like a boiled lobster this summer. Maintain an even tan with an unlimited 10 week tanning package at All About You Salon & Tanning in Altoona.
Donated by Waterfront Seafood Market & All About You Salon & Tanning
16. Lights, Camera, Action
Movie making 101 would be a good way to describe this package.
- Two lucky movie fans will spend a fascinating day behind the scenes at Ironbound Studios in Chisholm, MN to learn firsthand how a movie is made.
- Your day will include a full back of house tour seeing the sound stage and learning about what the camera “sees,” as well as lighting and effects. You’ll visit the mill shop where they build set components, tour the props department and post-production facilities.
- Following lunch, you’ll participate in a hands on Movie Making 101 by Persistent Productions, getting an overview of the challenges that must be met to bring a feature film to life from screenplay writing, casting, film financing, hiring and film distribution.
- As an added bonus, you and a friend will be featured extras in one of five films being produced in the next year. In addition to being in the movie, your name will appear in the film credits.
- A two night hotel stay is included as is a $200 Visa gift card and a $200 Casey’s gift card to help with your trip.
- You’ll also receive a bag of swag.
Donated by IronBound Studios, Persistent Productions,Gary & Cindy Cheney, 2020 Promotions – Dan Livengood, Casey’s General Stores & the Blue Ribbon Foundation
17. A Fair Table
Add a new piece of décor to your room with a hand-painted coffee table.
- Artist Missy Pieters has customized this table with an Iowa State Fair theme.
Donated by Messy Missy's Studio
18. A Coke and A Smile
This beverage coller will bring a smile to your face as you reach in for an ice cold Coke.
- The graphics on the cooler feature the 2018 Iowa State Fair theme, “Nothing Compares to Iowa State Fair Moments.”
- The cooler measures approximately 25”x 23” x 53 1/2” and can hold over 300 bottles.
Donated by Atlantic Bottling Company
19. What's New At the Fair
Not Your Mama’s Taco, Pork-Almighty, Thanksgiving Balls – what will the hot new food item be at this year’s Fair?
- Now it’s your turn to join a panel of celebrity judges to get the very first bite of 2018’s new foods during the LIVE new food judging. Just like the reality program Top Chef, all new food entries will be explained and presented to a panel of judges one by one.
- Judging will be based on taste/flavor, value, presentation/appearance and creativity/originality.
- The judging occurs on Tuesday, July 17 beginning at 1:00 p.m. in the Elwell Family Food Center.
- Come sample all the wonderful Fair foods with gate admission for two, a parking pass and $50 in food coupons.
Donated by the Iowa State Fair and the Blue Ribbon Foundation
20. Release the Birds
Venture to Searsboro, Iowa for an all-day pheasant hunt.
- Big Springs Shooting Resort will provide a one day hunt with 50 birds, a guide and dogs. Four hunters along with their dogs can be accommodated.
- Select the date of your hunt between September 1, 2018 and March 31, 2019.
Donated by Absolute Concrete
21. Set in Stone
Looking for a beautiful tile floor? Then this package is perfect for you.
- A full pallet of granite tile is ready to grace your home.
- The 12” tiles are white with a black fleck with enough to cover 460 square feet.
- The tile can be picked up at Poindexter Flooring in Indianola. They can help with installation needs too.
Donated by Poindexter Flooring
22. A Carousel Ride
This beautiful carousel horse is ready to ride into your home.
- Created in the early 1920s for a carousel ride made in Leavenworth, Kansas, this horse toured the Midwest for several decades.
- Accompanying your horse is $300 in food coupons to use at Steer ‘N’ Stein on the Iowa State Fairgrounds.
- Make sure to visit the Fair a few times with six gate admission tickets.
Donated by Stan and Deb Kranovich, Steer ‘N’ Stein & the Blue Ribbon Foundation
23. Rocky Mountain Adventure
Spend a week exploring Summit County with a stay at Keystone Resort.
- This two bedroom, two bathroom condo sleeps eight comfortably. A pool, hot tub and sauna are just 50 feet away.
- Horseback riding, hiking, biking, rafting, boating and much more are mere minutes away.
- The condo is available from May 1 to October 31 for a Saturday to Saturday rental based on availability. The buyer has two years to book. A $125 cleaning fee is assessed upon your reservation.
- $100 in Casey’s gift cards covers gas and snacks for your trip.
Donated by Reynolds Family & Casey’s General Stores
24. Tree of Grace
A tree to grace your home that doesn’t need much care.
- It is created from twisted, heat treated metal. The heat brings out iridescent colors found hidden in the layers of metal.
- The trunk has a look and feel of real bark and the leaves bring to mind the budding of spring.
- Standing about 4 feet high, this tree is perfect to grace a mantle, entryway or patio area.
Donated by RS Welding
25. Something to Crow About
If this rooster could crow, your whole neighborhood would be awakened.
- Make a statement in your landscape with this 12 foot (yes, that’s right) metal rooster.
Donated by Roger & Kathy Davidson
26. Is It Time Yet?
Add a beautiful and functional piece of art to your walls with this clock.
- Created by Sticks, this 36” circle wall clock has a vintage postcard feel, packed full with rich Iowa landscape, city-scape and Iowa State Fair motifs.
Donated by Sticks Inc.
27. A Fresh Baked Pie #2
- A delicious homemade pie created by a prizewinning baker.
Donated by Elysa Koss
28. The Hawkeye State
Cheer on the Iowa Hawkeyes at three sporting events during the 2018-2019 school year.
- Two tickets to a University of Iowa football game during the 2018 season.
- Four Iowa men's basketball tickets in section C, row 23 to your choice of one of three offered Big Ten weeknight games. The seats are located behind the visiting team's bench.
- Four Iowa women's basketball tickets located in section A, Row 2 at center court. Select your tickets from four offered weeknight, Big Ten games.
- A parking pass is included for each basketball game.
- A $50 Casey's gift card pays for gas and a Hawkeye block decoration shows your allegiance for Iowa.
Donated by Jeff and Meg Courter, Anonymous, Casey’s General Stores, Casey’s General Stores & Two Board Friends
29. A Rustic Look
Make a statement with this rustic headboard created from reclaimed barn timbers and galvanized metal.
- Your new headboard also comes with a new queensize mattress and box spring.
Donated by Iowa Barn Door & Mantle & Mattress Firm
30. A Concert Series
Can’t decide what concert to go to? Why not all of them?
- Have your own personal band box in the Grandstand at the 2018 Iowa State Fair.
- Containing twelve seats, you and eleven friends can enjoy the entire 2018 concert series that features 11 nights of fun!
- Enjoy a drink with a view from Top of the Vine with twelve drink tickets.
Donated by the Iowa State Fair & Top of the Vine
31. Your Name Here
Put your name on a pathway at the Iowa State Fair!
- Name the beautiful winding path that connects Grand Avenue to the Expo Hill plaza area.
- A sign will be made with your designated inscription and hung at the entrance to the path through July 2019.
- You’ll receive the inset at the end of the year unless you win again in 2019.
Donated by the Blue Ribbon Foundation
32. Inside the Grounds
Get the Fair experience inside the gates.
- See the Fair 24/7 from inside the gates with this VIP campsite. Camper is not included.
- Tickets to ride the Sky Glider, Ye Old Mill and the Giant Slide and four coupons for delicious milkshakes.
- A pillow constructed using an Iowa State Fair t-shirt.
- Two admission wristbands, allowing for 11 days of entry, are included as is a parking pass for your campsite.
Donated by the Blue Ribbon Foundation, Sky Fair, Iowa State Fair, Midwest Dairy Association & Karen Brockelsby
33. Love Somebody
There are definitely a lot of somebodies who love Reba.
- Four tickets to see a true queen of country music, Reba, on Friday, August 10. Your seats are in Section C3, Row 24, Seats 1-4.
- Package includes gate admission for four and one parking pass.
- Backstage passes for four to meet Reba.
*Backstage passes are given final confirmation the day of the show. In the event the artist declines to participate, half of the package purchase price will be refunded.
Donated by the Blue Ribbon Foundation
34. Live Art
What will the painting be? Watch and find out during the live auction.
- Kiki Curtis will begin painting the canvas at the start of the live auction and have a completed painting for you to bid on by the end of live bidding.
- A clue….it will have an Iowa State Fair feel.
Donated by Kiki Curtis