Local bakers, we need you!
Bakers, bakers, where are you? The Foundation is introducing a new exciting opportunity for local bakers to participate in this year’s Corndog Kickoff event. We are asking for 25 local homemade bakers to make their favorite creations to be donated and auctioned off at the event. Currently, we have 10 of the 25 bakers we are looking for and want to fill up the rest of those sweet spots!
With each of these sweet treats, we ask for every item to be an auction package. Here is an explanation of what we are asking for:
- Amount to bake
- Enough to serve a table of eight and make an attractive package
- Delivery of your items to the event
- On Friday, July 7 between 9:00am & 4:00pm
- On Saturday, July 8 between 9:00am & 12:00pm
- Bring to the Varied Industries Building on the Iowa State Fairgrounds
- Use the south overhead door to enter
- Have your item ready to set out on a table to be displayed and auctioned off
- Covered, as there will be over 2,000 people there
The Corndog Kickoff is a great event to be a part of as all of the funds raised go towards the Fairgrounds renovations as well as it is a great night out with family and friends. We are searching for 15 more local bakers who want to showcase their best sweet creations! If you are interested in donating a baked good to the Corndog Kickoff auction or know someone who you think would be interested, please contact me, Faith, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (515) 262-3111 Ext. 379.
- Faith Kuehl, Business Relations Intern