Holiday Gift Idea
Are you making a list and checking it twice? The Blue Ribbon Foundation has unique and creative ways to give the person on your Christmas list the perfect gift. Whether you want an Iowa State Fair keepsake or to leave a lasting legacy. There are several ways to support the Foundation’s goal of raising funds to help preserve and improve the Iowa State Fairgrounds.
State Fair Store
The Blue Ribbon Foundation manages the merchandise sold in the State Fair Store. Apparel, books, charms, collectibles, hats, and all sorts of fun Iowa State Fair souvenirs.
What about the person on your list that has everything? The Foundation’s various giving programs are the perfect way for the Fair lover in your life to have their name on a piece of the Fairgrounds. Check out the different options:
- Block by Block – Individual donor wall plaques create a quilt inside the Richard O. Jacobson Exhibition Center to match the building’s exterior quilt blocks representing counties across Iowa.
- Building for the Future – A granite paver or engraved seat plaque at the Richard O. Jacobson Exhibition Center.
- Buy a Brick – The most popular giving program, personalized engraved bricks placed in 15 different locations on the Fairgrounds.
- Courtyard of Celebration – Located on the east side of the Patty & Jim Cownie Cultural Center, these pavers celebrate all things artistic on the Iowa State Fairgrounds.
- Growing Our Future – The newest giving program, individual donor plaques add a beautiful display in the heart of the Fairgrounds along Ruan Plaza.
- Legacy Terrace – Tree plaques and granite pavers commemorate State Fair fans outside the Grandstand.
- Shine On – Add a plaque to the base of a lamp post. There are several new lamp posts along Jacobson Plaza.
- Trees for the Fair – With a personalized nameplate on a plaque in the Robert G. Horner and Sheri Avis Horner Service Center or a plaque at the base of a tree, the inscription possibilities are endless.
Honor and Memorial Gifts
This holiday season, do you want to honor a special person in your life or a special event? Has a loved one recently passed away? Tribute gifts can be made in honor of a friend, to commemorate an important event, or made in memory of loved ones. Make a Memorial or Honor Gift to the Iowa State Fair Blue Ribbon Foundation and celebrate the special Fairgoer in your life.
Thank you for joining the Blue Ribbon Foundation in preserving Iowa State Fair traditions by helping improve the beauty of the historic Iowa State Fairgrounds. Have a wonderful holiday season.