The Blue Ribbon Foundation wants to hire four interns to join our staff in 2020. The internship application deadline is November 30. What exactly does an intern do? Each summer, a team of college students plan, prepare and execute specific tasks and projects. The Blue Ribbon Foundation depends on each of them to help our organization succeed.
List of Intern Projects:
• Iowan of the Day: promote program, help select winners, write press releases and speeches
• Recruit and schedule 600+ volunteers for the Corndog Kickoff and Iowa State Fair
• Manage canvas painting class, BINGO, and woodcarver’s auction
• Organize concert tickets and sponsorship credentials
• Plan Legislative Day lunch, 1854 Society brunch and other donor hospitality events
• Corndog Kickoff: coordinate live and silent auctions, advertise Dining Delights
• Giving Programs: help Fairgoers with donations, lay engraved bricks
• Create advertisements, flyers, and media kits
• Merchandise: design new items, fulfill merchandise orders, and manage booths during the Fair
• Plan (and maybe participate in) Outhouse Races
• Organize wholesale bottled water sales
• Create social media posts, newsletter articles, E-News messages and blog content
• Bring Drew coffee every morning (Just Kidding!)
This list is just the tip of the iceberg! The Blue Ribbon Foundations loves when interns bring new ideas and a fresh perspective to our organization. We want each intern to gain valuable experience while at the same time supporting the Foundation’s mission to keep improving the Iowa State Fairgrounds.
If you know a hard-working college student that loves the Iowa State Fair, encourage them to apply. If you are up for a challenging but rewarding summer, join us!
Please email a cover letter, resume, three references and two writing samples by November 30. Design samples are encouraged, but not mandatory. All applicants will be required to complete a short writing and skills assessment before being offered the position. Read more on our website.